9.01.2013

Blueberry Peach Salad

Pin It Well, a lot has happened since my last post, namely Charlie was born.  He graced us with his presence one week and one day late, on July 22 and nothing has been the same since!

I have been pretty much AWOL this entire pregnancy.  Hey - I was growing a human, that's some tiring work.  Then after growing him, taking care of him happened and that is even more tiring.  Now that he is nearly 6 weeks old, I have decided to get back in the saddle and do some recipe blogging again (and soon travelling- WOO HOO!).  Hopefully I can get the creative juices flowing, because during pregnancy I didn't really have any (creative juices, or energy for that matter) and ate a lot of same old, easy dishes and Domino's Pizza and cake and ice cream and chips.  So my cravings weren't the most healthy (nor energizing).  I have to add that I ate a lot of fruits and vegetables, but this was in addition to lots of junk.  Now that I lost my excuse to eat like crap -I am a pregnant lady- give me what I want NOW (which actually sounds really bad), it is time to clean up my act.

To start, I am replacing one meal per day with a salad.  We generally eat a lot of salad, but as a side dish in addition to the pasta or frozen pizza.  But, now I am cutting out that pizza or pasta, at least for one meal per day.  It's not too bold, but it's a start.  To prevent boredom, I am going to have to mix up my salad eating a lot.  No more lettuce, cuc, and tomato only salads (I will still eat them, I just won't blog about it).  It's time to experiment with some new fruits and veggies and homemade dressing concoctions.
Onto the delicious salad creation we enjoyed this afternoon with the end of the season's blueberries and peaches.

Blueberry Peach Salad

Ingredients:
1 head red leaf lettuce
1 c blueberries
1 peach
1/2 cucumber
1-2 T pumpkin seeds
Goat Cheese (as much as you desire)

Viniagarette:
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 T Balsamic Vinegar
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1 T Pure Maple Syrup
a dash of salt

Combine Viniagrette ingredients and refrigerate.  Combine salad ingredients.  Top with vinaigrette before serving.

Bon Appetit!



Pin It

No comments: