3.06.2012

Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes with Pretzel Crust

Pin It If I could swim in a sea of Nutella..... well, that would be amahzing*.  I just recently tried Nutella (after being in Europe for OVER a year!).  I was missing out... and those of you who have yet to do so, do it.  Immediately.  Our new favorite snack is pretzels dipped in Nutella.  To. Die. For.  Which is what inspired this post, Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes with Pretzel Crust.  Lucky for me, it was buy one get one half off at the store yesterday.  I should have bought more (it's the part of me that is my mom... stock up on a good deal, she brings it to a whole other level).  Taste Tester thought buying two jars was crazy (he is the crazy one for even thinking that). 

*yes, I am obsessed with Happy Endings and Penny is my fave... Oh! and she said she was "tie tie" in the Valentine's Day episode... she must have got that phrase from me. 

 While 1650 grams of Nutella should tied me over for a while, I think I will go back tomorrow for two more jars of the creamy, chocolaty yumminess (I will need it, especially after making this recipe).

Start by preheating the oven to 325 F (16 3C).  Crush the pretzels and mix with butter and brown sugar.  Use a food processor if you have one.  I went to town with my mortar and pestle and it worked just fine.













                                  Layer cupcake liners with the pretzel crust.  Smoosh it down with a pestle (or the bottom of a cup or glass). 
 
Cream together the cream cheese and sugar.  Add eggs and flour.  Beat on medium until texture is smooth and even.
 Spoon in 1/2 of the cheesecake filling.  Smooth out with a butter knife or back of a spoon.
 Add the Nutella to the rest of the cheesecake filling.  Then top over the first layer.
Bake 20-25 minutes, until set.  Cool on rack and chill.
No need to say more, okay I will anyway......... decadent creamy cheesy chocolaty hazelnutty crunchy nutella-y goodness. 


Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes with Pretzel Crust

Ingredients:

Crust:
1 1/2 cup pretzels 
2 Tbs unsalted butter softened
1 Tbs brown sugar

Filling:
16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 organic eggs at room temperature
2 Tbs flour
1/3 cup Nutella


Topping:
Extra Nutella
Chopped Hazelnuts

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 F (163 C).  Crush pretzels using a food processor or mortar and pestle (anything will do, just crush those bad boys).  Add the brown sugar and butter.  Blend until uniform.  Layer a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake liners.  Spoon a spoonful of the crust in each liner.  Smoosh down with a small glass (or pestle).   

Put the cream cheese and sugar in a small mixing bowl.  Mix together until smooth.  Add the eggs and flour.  Beat until mixture in uniform.  Spoon 1/2 of the cheesecake mixture over the crust.  Smooth the top with the bottom of a spoon or butter knife.  Add the Nutella to the remaining cheesecake filling.  Layer over the first cheesecake layer.  Smooth the top.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, until set.  Cool on a wire rack and chill.

Frost with a layer of Nutella (You get the picture, I like Nutella).  Top with chopped Hazelnuts and serve. 

Melt in your mouth goodness.  Bon Appetit!!  


 Officially adding a Nutelleria to the Euro Bucket List...Maybe a visit on World Nutella Day 2013 is in order??
Pin It

No comments: